B.Tech Engineering Course – Admission Eligibility, Syllabus & Career
Bachelor of technology is the full form of B.Tech and it is one of the most popular engineering programs in India. A degree in Bachelor of technology is often considered as a gateway to the field of engineering. There are many institutes that offer courses to aspiring students. For admissions, the most common B.Tech entrance examination is JEE Main and JEE advanced. Along with these national levels entrance examinations, there are many state and private level examinations that the students can attempt for admissions. The duration for completing the Bachelor of Technology is between three to four years, depending on the country and the institution.
In India, the duration to complete the degree is around four years, spread over eight semesters.
B.Tech Information Technology is the study of computer-based systems and deals with both hard was as well as software components of a computer system. In order to stand eligible for the B.Tech IT course, the student must have passed 10th+2 from a recognizable board with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects some of the important subjects is which are included in the B.Tech. It syllabus are computer organization, operating system, computer networks, and many more.
List of BTechspecializations:-Table
- Computer science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Ceramic Engineering
- Electronics& communication
- Marine Engineering
- Electronics& Electrical
What is the difference between BE& B Tech degree:-
The Bachelors in Engineering (BE) degree programme also offers a similar orientation to students as the one offered by a B Tech program is with respect to the course material taught and the orientation of the programmer. The following table captures the programs.
- BE is more theoretical and knowledge oriented. It is a study based on theory.
- The course deals with engineering aspects of science.
- The course is applied to develop innovative equipment and useful technical gadgets in science and Technology.
- B Tech is skill/ data-oriented. The course is more of application engineering.
- The course deals with the technical aspect of science.
- The course applies the principles of engineering and technology to modify structures and thereby enhance their quality.
B Tech-Eligibility criteria:-
The eligibility criteria required for admission to B Tech is as follows-
- Candidates must have passed class 10th +2 exams from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics as core subjects.
- They must also have secured minimum aggregate marks of 60% in the above subjects combined.
- Most admissions are done based on the students’ performance in the entrance examination.
Types of B Tech:-
Bachelor of technology is in itself a type of technology course. There are no other types of B Tech programmes. The programme is an undergraduate degree course that will help the students to gain specialization for better career opportunities in the future.
- Admission to B Tech programmer is done on the basis of engineering entrance exams. Admission to centrally funded institutes is done on the basis of JEE Main and JEE advanced.
- Admissions to state colleges are done on the basis of other regional/state entrance exams.
- Some private universities also conduct their own entrance exams such as VITEEE, BITSAT, and SRMJEE.
Top B Tech exams:-
There are various entrance examinations for gaining admission to B Tech programmer that are offered by various institutes. The entrance examinations can be divided into national level entrance examinations, state-level entrance examinations and institute specific examinations. The top five engineering entrance exam taken by a large number of student each year are:-
JEE Main- conduction by the national testing agency, JEE Main is the entrance examination for B Tech admissions into NITs, IIITs and GFTIs. JEE Main consists of two papers- paper 1(BE/B Tech) and paper2 (BArch/B Plan)
JEE advanced- It is a national level entrance examination for B Tech admissions into IITs. Students have to qualify for JEE Main to attempt JEE advance.
VITEEE- One of the most popular private institute entrance examinations, VITEEE offers admissions into B Tech courses offered by its various campuses.
MHT CET through MHT CET, students can apply for admissions into the B Tech institutes of the states.
TS EAMCET- TS EAMCET offers admissions to students in the state institute on the basis of their scores in the entrance examinations.
B Tech syllabus:-
B Tech syllabus of computer science and engineering–
- Joy of engineering
- Communication and presentation skills
- Workshop practice
- Computing fundamentals and C
- World civilizations
- Data structures
- Writing skills
- Environmental studies
- Basic electrical and electronics practice
- Critical Reasoning & systems thinking
- Engineering drawing and computer-aided graphics
- Etiquette and conversational skills
- Computer organization and architecture
- Discrete mathematics
- Fundamentals of digital logic
- Emerging material science and applications
- Emerging life science
- Object-oriented programming
- Database management systems
- Computer networks
- Design and analysis of algorithms
- Operating systems
Bachelor of technology is one of the most widely accepted programmes. Since technological advancements are taking place in all most every field, There are countless opportunities for B Tech graduates. Students with a Bachelor of technology gains a lot of advantages during job interviews due to their technical skills. The salary packages vary from organization to organization. Recruiters in core sectors offer the best salaries, ranging from Rs.8lakh per annum. Some overseas firms may also offer salary packages up to Rs.1 crore per annum. In other sectors salaries may vary from Rs. 3 lakh to 12 lakh per annum. Salary packages also vary from college to college. Graduates from top B Tech colleges are offered better salaries as compared to graduates from other technical colleges.
- Private deemed universities offer scholarships based on the performance in the entrance exam/ class 12th marks
- AICTE Tuition fee waiver scheme
- State-level scholarship schemes
Types of job profiles for B Tech graduates
- Computer science engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Civil engineer
- Automobile engineer
- Chemical engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Electronics engineer
- Aeronautical engineer
- Marine engineer
- Aerospace engineer
- Mining engineer
- Ceramic engineer
- Production engineer
- Robotics engineer
- Electronic & communication engineer
- Lecturer/ Professor
- Software develop
- Construction engineer
- Telecommunication engineer
Declaration– Vargoujobs.com is an online career information provider, it provides information about the latest job recruitment in various fields, and career related courses, job eligibility and syllabus. This online portal is not a recruiting agency. It collects the content from our various sources to keep the job seekers updated. Hence Job Seekers are advised to access the official notifications from the websites of the recruiting authority to know their eligibility and others.