Top 5 Cyber Security Programming Languages You Should Learn
The cyber-world is getting more advanced over the days and the rate of cybercrimes is also increasing simultaneously. The increasing rates of cybercrimes worldwide have created a new way of opportunities for cyber experts. Cyber security professionals are in high demand worldwide. Though it is a bright profession, one has to be proficient in handling potential attacks with a fast problem-solving ability. It is important to identify the attacks and find out appropriate solutions to stop the attack, and for doing this, as a professional, you must know different types of programming languages. Having enough knowledge of programming languages as well as the latest technologies and updates in the cybersecurity field will help you to prevent malicious attacks and track the whole hacking plan.
Why should you know how to code for being a cyber security professional?
You will need to know coding languages for mid-level and high-level cyber security jobs as these jobs require a knowledge of software engineering. The needs and requirements will change and update over the upcoming years, but if you know the basic programming strategies, you will easily cope up with the advancements in the cyber security field. This knowledge will help you detect the attacks and prevent them. If you want to pursue a career in cyber security, here is a list of the top five programming languages you should learn to become a professional.
Best 5 Cyber Security Programming Languages to Learn
1. C and C++
It is one of the oldest and basic programming languages, but still, it is one of the most relevant programming languages. Since the 1970s, this language has been used to develop a number of software such as operating systems, databases, etc. It is the best programming language to learn if you are a beginner because it is simple to comprehend and apply t is one of the most effective languages. Other programming languages such as Python and java have more complexity compared to the C language.
C++ is a more efficient extension of the C programming language for developing operating systems, browsers, games, and other applications. It supports different ways of programming, such as
These are basic-level programming languages that you should know to be proficient in the field of Cybersecurity. These languages come with low-level hardware security access, which needs efficient protection to avoid any exploitation.
Why are C and C++ programming languages the first options for hackers?
It is the easiest option for hackers to make malicious attacks. There are a few reasons behind that. Let’s checkout
- C is a low-level fast programming language.
- One can easily get low-level access to memory and system processes by using this language after compromising a system.
- It helps to stimulate the library hijacking attacks.
- C++ is one of the most efficient options for hackers to write fast and appropriate hacking programs.
- C++ allows hackers to reverse engineer enterprise software easily.
Why is it important to know C and C + + for being proficient in Cybersecurity?
- One can use C and C++ for reverse-engineering and finding vulnerabilities.
- As it is the basic language in which a lot of malware is written, it is important to know this language for understanding the open-source codes.
- C++ is used to create many cybersecurity programs such as Nmap.
Where to learn C and C++
You can learn the C and C++ language from a number of platforms with excellence. Some of the options are mentioned below.
- C Programming For Beginners – Master the C Language
- C Programming Language Fundamentals
- C Programming for Beginners – Master the C Fundamentals
- C for Everyone: Programming Fundamentals
- Programming in C++
- Introduction to Programming in C++
This high-level programming language has recently become popular. It is a versatile language that includes high-level data structures, dynamic binding, dynamic typing, and other features. When it comes to complex application development, it is one of the most efficient programming languages out there. It is ideal for general-purpose tasks such as data mining and big data facilitation. Though it is a high-level programming language, it is easier to learn than many other programming languages, even than some low-level programming languages as well.
It is a very useful language in cyber security fields for a variety of cybersecurity functions such as malware analysis, penetration testing, and scanning.
Why do hackers use Python?
- Python is one of the most influential languages for complex web server hacking.
- Automation scriptwriting is easier with Python.
- One just can simply run the program directly from the source code without any complications.
Why do you need to learn Python to be proficient in Cybersecurity?
It is a very useful language that can make you an expert in the cyber security field. Check out why.
- Because of its short learning curve, it is easy to learn, access, and implement language for professionals.
- It enables cybersecurity managers to lead teams and do the implementations quickly.
- The library has all the cybersecurity tools available.
- It can accomplish multiple tasks such as host discovery, accessing servers, port scanning, network scanning, etc.
- It has an efficient speed to do the work quickly.
Top Courses To Learn Python:
Python can be learned on a variety of platforms. Some of these are mentioned below.
- Introduction to Python: Absolute Beginner
- The Complete Python Course | Learn Python
- 100 Days of Code – The Complete Python Pro Bootcamp for 2021
- Scratch to Python: Moving from Block- to Text-based Programming
- Learn Python Programming From Scratch
This programming language is not only limited to building software but also extended for mobile app development, desktop app development, and game development.
It is one of the most efficient cyber security programming languages to learn as it allows you to secure a website enough and reduce or eliminate XSS attacks.
- It is ideal for developing cross-site scripting hacking programs.
- Hackers can use it for mimicking attacks on the server-side and the client-side.
- It can be used for attacks like buffer overflow and stack overflow.
- It allows you to design secure websites and user interfaces.
- Mitigates make it possible to create cross-site scripting attempts in web forms and minimize other technical risks.
- It allows you to work with cookies, manipulate event handlers, and perform cross-site scripting (XSS) using this programming language.
- XSS is a well-known hacking technique for compromising websites. Make sure there is no input flaw on the website that hackers can use to take over the website by using scripts.
It is the dominant server-side programming language that is widely used to develop websites. One who knows PHP will be able to create a defence against intruders. DoS ( Danial of Service) attack is one of the most common hacking techniques using PHP. This attack can make applications unavailable to users by shutting down the website. Hackers also can use this language to delete all the data on your website. That’s why it is important to learn PHP to identify the issues in PHP code and find out a solution to solve them.
Why do hackers use PH?
- It is easy with PHP to hack personal websites.
- It allows you to take down faulty websites quickly.
Why do you need to learn PHP for Cybersecurity?
- You can implement robust solutions to secure your web applications.
- It can help you to mitigate or alleviate frequent cyberattacks.
Top Courses to Learn PHP:
There are many platforms to learn PHP. Some of them are mentioned below.
- Building Database Applications in PHP
- Building Web Applications using PHP by University
- The Complete 2021 PHP Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp
- High-Performance PHP
- Code School: Try PHP
SQL (Structured Query Language)
It is a domain-specific language that manages the data stored in programming. In this era of data-driven management systems, it is the ideal programming language for managing databases. Using this language, one can access records or data in batches with one single command. With this, users don’t need to specify how the data should be retrieved.
In this data-oriented era, the primary aim of hackers is to exploit databases by stealing or modifying them. Even the passwords saved into the database are brought up and compared with the typed figure into the system.
Hackers can use SQL to extract the sensitive data of an individual or organization and get vital information such as passwords, bank account information, social security numbers, etc. That’s why it is very much important in the recent era to learn SQL to give complete security to your database.
Why do hackers use SQL?
- Black hat hackers can easily use SQL to create SQL injection-based hacking programs.
- It’s used by hackers to run unauthorized queries to obtain unhashed passwords.
Why do you need SQL for Cybersecurity?
- It allows you to manipulate websites that can be beneficial for cybersecurity professionals.
- The knowledge of SQL will help you to create a defence against SQL Injection.
Top Courses to Learn SQL
There are many platforms to learn SQL. Some of them are mentioned below.
- The Complete SQL Course
- SQL for BEGINNERs: Learn SQL using MySQL and Database Design
- SQL Masterclass: SQL for Data Analytics
- Advanced SQL: SQL Expert Certification Preparation Course
- SQL for Data Science
- SQL with SQL Server Management Studio
Which programming language is the most secure?
In reality, there is no “best programming language” as each of the languages has its own characteristics and uses. It is important to know which programming language can be used for which task to enhance your project’s security. You can create a perfect cybersecurity strategy using any programming language.
Frequently asked questions Related to Cybersecurity Skills and Career
Q1. What programming language is used for Cybersecurity?
Q2. Is programming a necessity for Cybersecurity?
Ans. There are a lot of entry-level projects that don’t need the knowledge of programming languages, but if you want to handle mid-level or upper-level tasks, it is important to know programming languages. Even if the knowledge of programming language is not mentioned in the job requirements, it can help you to make your CV impressive and climb the ladder of success faster. It will make you a cybersecurity professional.
Q3. How is Python used in Cybersecurity?
Ans. This high-level programming language is easy to access and allows you to do your task quickly. It is used for various tasks, including server access, host discovery, port scanning, network scanning, etc.
Q4. Is Python A Good Programming Language good to learn for beginners?
Ans. Python has easy-to-understand features and can be considered as one of the best programming languages to learn for beginners. It is a flexible, versatile, and object-oriented language that is easy to understand and access. Overall, Python is an excellent choice for beginners who want to learn a widely-used programming language.
Q5. What Are the Requirements for Becoming a Cybersecurity Engineer?
Ans. For the job of Cybersecurity, the basic requirements are usually a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ IT/ Systems Engineering or a related field. Many companies prefer work experiences in the field, such as incident detection or forensics.
Q6. What skills do I need To Pursue A Career In Cybersecurity?
Ans. For starting your career in cyber security, you will need to have some basic skills that are mentioned below.
- Technical skills
- Knowledge of security across various platforms
- Fundamental computer forensics skills
- Knowledge of Hacking
- Knowledge of confidentiality issues and relating laws
- Security incident handling & response
- Basic understanding of programming languages
- Intrusion detection
- Soft skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Technical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to Learn
- Decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to cope up with long working hours
Q7. What Are The Best Resources For Learning Programming Languages In The Context Of Cybersecurity?
Ans. In this era of the internet, one can easily learn programming languages from an online course. Online course providers, including Coursera, Udemy, and edX, provide comprehensive courses to assist students in understanding the various layers of programming languages. One can also learn the languages from books, blogs, offline courses, podcasts, etc.
Q8. What Types Of Jobs Are Available In The Field Of Cybersecurity?
Ans. There are numerous job opportunities available in Cybersecurity. You can apply for any of these job roles depending on your skills and knowledge. Security Architect, Security analyst, Network security engineer, Application security specialist, Cybersecurity engineer, Cloud security engineer, penetration tester, and Cryptographer are some of the most common job roles in Cybersecurity.
Q9. What Are The Primary Duties Of A Cybersecurity Professional?
Ans. A cybersecurity professional should be able to identify the actual security problem and provide a solution using problem-solving excellence. Other responsibilities include protecting the IT infrastructure, incorporating firewalls into network infrastructures, and monitoring for attacks as well as intrusions.
Q10. Which Industries Have The Most Demand For Cybersecurity Experts?
Ans. There are national and international industries of different sectors that hire cybersecurity professionals such as Banking and Finance, IT, Retail, Government, Healthcare, Manufacturing, etc.
Knowledge of cyber security programming language will help you to stand different from the crowd and go a step closer to success. Though there are a lot of entry-level cyber security projects that don’t need a knowledge of programming languages, if you have that, you’ll be able to handle mid-level and upper-level cyber security tasks. It will be a long jump in your career. You can apply for higher posts that have better value and endless options will open for you to get your desired success. The above-mentioned 5 programming languages are high in demand in recent times for versatility and use. You can learn any of these to kick start your career as a cybersecurity professional.
Declaration– Vargoujobs.com is an online career information provider, it provides information about the latest job recruitment in various fields, and career related courses, job eligibility and syllabus. This online portal is not a recruiting agency. It collects the content from our various sources to keep the job seekers updated. Hence Job Seekers are advised to access the official notifications from the websites of the recruiting authority to know their eligibility and others.