MBA Course – Check Admission Eligibility, Syllabus & Career
Introduction of Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The Master of Business Administration is an internationally recognized degree to develop the skill required for careers in business and management. An MBA is useful for those pursuing a managerial career in the public sector, government, private, industry and other areas.
The MBA is currently the most popular professional degree program in the world. Most MBA programs include a curriculum of subjects. Such as accounting, economics, marketing and operations. As well as the elective course that allows participants to follow their own professional interests.
Specifically, there are two types of management degrees available.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) -This degree 2 years offered for the candidates.
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) -These degrees are offered by autonomous institutes like the India institute of management. This course is 1 year.
In recent times various other versions of MBA like:-
- Online MBA
- Distance learning MBA
- Executive MBA has been introduced to needed the developing country.
AM I A GOOD MBA CANDIDATE?
If you are thinking about doing an MBA program, you might ask you’re self “am I a good candidate?” Of course, the answer depends on their disciplined and focused and intended career paths. They know what is required of them to achieve success. A good MBA student demonstrates evidence of leadership potential and consistent academic achievement.
Types of MBA (Specializations)
There are many types of MBA courses in India that target the requirement of many industries. There are:-
- Finance management
- Marketing management
- Human Resource management
- Rural management
- Health care management
- Operations management
- Media management
- Sports management
- Hospitality management
- Interior design management
Eligibility criteria MBA-
Information required for the MBA admission:-
- Level- post Graduate
- Minimum quail-Requirement- Bachelor degree
- Minimum Aggregate score Requirement=50%-55%
- Selection process-semester
- Exam type- semester
Educational Qualification requires in MBA-
Admission to the MBA course is strict upon the basis of management entrance exams conducted by national, state, institute, university levels.
- Students are graduates from a recognised university with any stream, students can achieve minimum 50% marks for MBA entrance.
- SC/ST or PWD category candidates will require 45% marks to qualify for any MBA entrance test.
- MBA candidates in any preferred specialization can also take other popular management exams like XAT, GMAT, CMAT, MAT, ATMA, IIFT, SNAP, CAT.
Admission process of Master of Business Administration (MBA)-
In, India there is a number of colleges or universities that offer able MBA course at reasonable fees. But the question is how to get into a college or university? Before taking admission candidates must follow the following steps:-
- Chose a B-school
- Check the MBA entrance
- Check fallibility criteria
- Appear for the MBA course selection
- Take admission
Getting admission to an MBA college is not cake well. If you fulfil the basic eligibility criteria. You need to appear for any of the following entrance exams:-
- Common admission test(CAT)
- Management aptitude test(MAT)
- Symbiosis national aptitude test(SNAP)
- India institute of foreign trade(IIFT)
- MICA admission test(XAT)
- NMAT by GMAC
- Common management aptitude test(CMAT)
- ICFAI business school aptitude test(IBSAT)
Top government MBA college in India:-
- India institute of management Ahmedabad: – It is located in Ahmedabad. The admission is only possible when if you score over 99% in CAT or GMAT exam. There is 380 sits available.
- India institute of management Bangalore:-The admission in the college is possible if your score is 95% in CAT or GMAT entrance. There is 375 sits available.
- India institute of management Kolkata: – Admission in this college requires a candidate to score 99% in CAT or GMAT. There is 462 sits available.
- India institute of management lack now: – Admission in this college is possible when you get 90% in CAT or GMAT. There is 407 sits available.
- India institute of managementKozhikode:-CAT-85%. There is 328 sits available.
- Management development institute Guru Gram:-95%- CAT. 678marks-GMAT. There is 505 sits available.
- India institute of managementIndore:-Admission takes only through CAT score. There is 225% sits available.
- Faculty of management studies Delhi university: – Cat-95%. There is 228 sits available.
- India institute of foreign trade New Delhi: – CAT, GMAT (575). There is 205 sits available.
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of management studies Mumbai:-575(CAT, GMAT). There is 205% sits available.
Syllabus of MBA-
MBA syllabus is designed in a way that will provide a holistic knowledge of the management sector to the candidates each semester focusing on a particular aspect. In regular MBA course is a two-year programmer divided into four semesters
- Semester 1-Business Communication, Managerial economics, Human resource management, Marketing Management, Information Technology Management, Financial Accounting, Quantitative Methods Organizational behaviour.
- Semester 2-Management Science, Economic Environment Of Fitness, Management of Information System, Marketing Research, Financial Management, Organization effectiveness &change, Management Accounting, Production &Operation management.
- Semester 3-Legal Environment of business, strategic Analysis, Business Ethics and Cooperate social responsibility.
- Semester 4-Project Study, Strategic Management, International Business environment.
Candidates must note that in addition to three main subjects they will have to choose five additional subjects depending on the type of specialization opted by them. They can check the list of the available subjects from the table provided below.
- Finance Management
- Marketing Management
- OB&HRM Management
- Production& Operation Management
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP Management
- Information technology management
- Services Management
MBA in finance management: –
MBA finance management is a postgraduate program that is concerned with the management of accounts and finances of companies for them to achieve certain financial objectives.
Finance management is the right career choice for students with good financial knowledge and the ability to analyse and those who have a deep-rooted understanding of financial models and the stock market.
- Security Analysis & Investment Management
- Quantitative Analysis of Financial decisions
- Portfolio Management
- Management of financial services
- Cooperate taxation
- Management Control system
- International Financial Management
- Cooperate Governance
- Financial Reporting
- Risk Management
- Fixed Income Security
- Financial Derivatives
- Project Planning, Analysis and management
MBA in Marketing Management: –
MBA marketing subjects are designed to help students experience both the theoretical and practical concepts in the domains of marketing, sales, product management and more this aim to provide a basic understanding of various Management concepts and managerial processes for all of which all foundation subjects in their course.
- Advertising Management
- Analytical Marketing
- Consumer Behavior
- Comparative Marketing
- Retailing Management
- Self-force Management
- Internet Marketing
- Business Marketing
- Marketing Channel
- Sales promotion Management
- Advanced Research Techniques in Marketing
- Service marketing
MBA in OB &HRM: –
HR is divided into semester terms 1st year of the course focuses on developing fundamental skills related to business administration and comprises core courses.
In the second year of the program usually, a student has to select their specialization and consecutively have to select their elective papers.
- Management of Industrial Relation
- Counselling Skills Of Managers
- Man Power Development for Technological Change
- Managing Diversity
- Human Resource Planning & Development
- Human Rescores Development: Strategies and system
- Performance Management
- Negotiation, persuasion and social influence skill
- Cross-Cultural and global management
- Personal power and leadership through Asian value
- Managing interpersonal and group process
- Compensation Management
- Training and Development
- Leadership ,Power & Politics
MBA in Production & Operation Management: –
MBA in production and operations course will offer you advanced knowledge about business practices, auditing, tax laws, teach you about organization efficiency business valuation and management of innovations.
- Advance OperationManagement
- Total Quality management
- Decision Models and Optimization
- Production planning and control
- Operation Strategy
- Quantitative analysis of Risk and uncertainty
- Operation research
- Supply Chain management
- Modelling in Supply chain management
- Environment and safety management
- Technology, Innovation & new Product Management
MBA in Entrepreneurship development: –
MBA is development is a postgraduate course of two years that offers unique insight on managerial and administrative skills.
It is utilized by people to demonstrate great entrepreneurial skills; the program intends to develop innovative skills in the field of leadership and communications.
The program primarily focuses on studying entrepreneurship efforts and the formation of networks and essential aspects of leadership and how these points can contribute to making a business successful and profitable.
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Family Business & Entrepreneurship
- Social Entrepreneurship
- managing the Growing Business
- Entrepreneurship, creativity and Innovation
- Financing the Entrepreneurial Business
MBA in Information Technology Management–
It has become one of the most desirable courses across all streams. An MBA in IT is one of those degrees which are always in demand. It offers a large number of opportunities to the candidates who have interested in this carrer after pursuing an MBA in It.
Candidates who pursue the course of MBA in IT are repaired for the managerial work profile while also has been an In-depth knowledge of computer application. The program of MBA in IT prepares candidates for a great career as a qualified IT professional at the management level.
- Business Process Re-Engineering
- Network Operation, Management & security
- Managing E-Business
- Strategic Management of Information Technology
- System Analysis and Design
- Managing IT-Enabled Service
- Database Management Systems
- Knowledge Management
- Business Intelligence
MBA in Service management:-
MBA Management service in the service sector for catering knowledge about developing strategies for achieving a sustainable advantage in any services aspect of the business. It develops the managerial knowledge of any candidates for quality services, strategic planning, research project management, human resource development among others.
- Management of NGOs
- Hospitality Operations Management
- Transportation Management
- Service Operations Management
- Tourism Marketing
- Airport Management
- Hospitality Marketing
- Total Service Quality Management
- Civil Aviation Management
Job purpose in MBA: –
Job opportunity after MBA in India is wide, and it is the responsibility of the student to pick up the right job from the optional available. From working private or public sector to venturing out to become an entrepreneur, an MBA degree goes a long way into shaping your career.
Jobs are depending on which B-School you have graduated from top B-Schools in India search as the Indian Institute of management have the best placement strata given in place, and more often than not, their students are usually the best place in the industry.
Candidates can check the type of job for MBA graduates from the table provided below-
Employment areas—– Job types
- Brands & marketing –IT services marketing head, Brand Manager, Marketing Manager.
- Educational Institutes -Administrative officer, Trainer
- Banks- Vice presidents-Investment banking, Account Manager, Marketing Manager, Human Resource Manager, Administrative Officer, Card payment operation head.
- Industrial houses- Administrative Officer, HR generalist business partner, Final manager, Zonal business manager, Marketing Manager, Project Manager.
- Business consultancies- Human Resource Manager, Management consultant,
- Financial Organization- Equity Research analysts, Requirement manager, Human resource managers, Administrative Officer.
- Multinational Companies- Lobbyist / Organizer, Requirement manager
- Tourism Industry- Administrative Officer, Human Resource Managers
- Personal Business – Entrepreneur
- Public works- Labour-management relations specialist, Research and development manager
Almost every company requires the skilled manager to manage all their activities. Some of the major requirements available for MBA graduates. There areas-table
- ASIAN PAINTS
- ICICI BANK
- ADITYA BIRLA GROUP
- CITI BANK
Salary packages for MBA professionals:-
India’s Top MBA Colleges offer excellent placements with high salary packages that’s why so many students choose MBA every year. The salary offered to these graduates depends directly on their qualification, skill, to college which they are graduating from and most importantly their work experience.
The starting average salary of MBA graduates in India ranges from Rs.57lakh-Rs.12lakh per annum. The salary packages depend on majors chosen by aspirants to specialize in the MBA courses. If you have studied from an IVY league B-school in India. The salary starts from Rs.15lakh per annum.
Declaration– Vargoujobs.com is an online career information provider, it provides information about the latest job recruitment in various fields, and career related courses, job eligibility and syllabus. This online portal is not a recruiting agency. It collects the content from our various sources to keep the job seekers updated. Hence Job Seekers are advised to access the official notifications from the websites of the recruiting authority to know their eligibility and others.