Civil Services Examination: Eligibility Criteria and information that you should know
The civil service examination is a nationwide competitive examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Every year thousands of candidates appear for this examination to fulfill their dream to become a civil servant. If you are also dreaming to be become a civil servant then here are some useful information that you should know.
Age limit –
For appearing for the UPSC exam, a candidate should have completed 21 years of age as on 1st August 2020 and should not be older than 32 years as on 1st August 2020.
- If a candidate belongs to scheduled caste and schedule tribe, then he or she gets age relaxation in the upper age limit to a maximum of 5 years.
- If a candidate belongs to Other Backward Class- Non Creamy (OBC-NC), then the candidate gets relaxation of 3 years in the upper age limit.
- In the case of Defense Service Personnel and Persons with
- Benchmark Disability, the upper age limit is 35 years of age.
- In the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/ SSCOs who have provided 5 years of military service need to produce a certificate from the Ministry of Defense that they can apply for this position.
For Indian Administrative service and Indian Police Service a candidate should be a citizen of India and in other services a candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or a Subject of Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the united Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Number of Attempts- Maximum 6 attempts is allowed for general categories, there are no restrictions for SC and ST candidates and 9 attempts are allowed for OBC-NC.
Note- The candidates who has passed the final year of MBBS or any medical examination but not yet completed their internship in the time of submission for the Civil Services Examination will be admitted to the examination along with a certificate from a concerned authority of an university or an institutions.
Declaration– Vargoujobs.com is an online career information provider, it provides information about the latest job recruitment in various fields, and career related courses, job eligibility and syllabus. This online portal is not a recruiting agency. It collects the content from our various sources to keep the job seekers updated. Hence Job Seekers are advised to access the official notifications from the websites of the recruiting authority to know their eligibility and others.